Tuesday

6 weeks looking more Shabby than Chic


Well it's not totally sorted yet, but I have to say I am pleased with it.  There is still a small scab at the end, and until all the scabbing is gone I'm not risking wearing make-up - I don't know whether it is possible but I have a horror of ending up with black scarring ;-).  (I stabbed my leg with a pencil when I was a kid and I still have that black mark on my leg over 40 years on!).
I went back to work, and have to say that was a very self conscious and slightly anxious day.  People's reactions are very interesting, they range from 'you can hardly see anything' to 'it's better than your old nose' (;-).  I am amazed at how quickly the scarring that has healed is fading, and I can see that it really won;t be long before I could feasibly cover it up with make-up - though I am strangely proud of it and the amazing skill that surgeon did.  I don't dislike scars so that doesn't worry me unduly.  As the feeling is slowly coming back in parts there are little jabs, and sometimes a feeling of crawling ants inside, but overall, I wish I had realised before that this was going to be the extent of it, and possibly even if I had had to have had a skin graft from my forehead, it would have healed really well as well.  I have also realised that the man I love loves for me who I am and really doesn't seem to care one jot what I look like - that is a wonderful thing to know.
I will have to sort out the date thing here, I wanted it to start at the top at the beginning and end with the final nose but it's all gone wrong.  Will come back to that at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment